Hospitality Management Program’s Accreditation, Mission Statement and Objectives
The Hospitality Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA) through 2019. Accreditation requires the program have established Program and Student Learning Outcomes.
Hospitality Management Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Hospitality Management (HM) program is to prepare a diverse community of students to become successful professionals and lifelong learners who aspire to leadership roles in the global hospitality industry and their community.
Hospitality Management Program Learning Objectives (PLOs)
- Have knowledge of leadership roles in business that are applicable to managing, controlling, and leading a successful operation in the global hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate the technical, social, critical thinking, and communication skills required to be successful in the workplace and to be lifelong learners.
- Gain hands-on and real-world experiences necessary to become successful professionals.
- Acquire a sense of community and social responsibility.
Hospitality Management Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- Be exposed to the knowledge of operations as they apply to goods and services in the global hospitality industry.
- Identify legal, social, and ethical considerations affecting hospitality organizations as they relate to the global community.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking through written and/or interpersonal communication skills.
- Relate knowledge of operations of goods and services to the global hospitality industry.
- Interpret foundations of technical knowledge and leadership skills to hands-on and real-world working environments.
Each Hospitality Management required course includes Course Learning Objectives, as required by ACPHA.