Candidates for admission to the MS in Food and Nutrition Services in the Department of Nutrition and Hospitality Management must submit an application to The University of Mississippi Graduate School consisting of a graduate school application, official scores for the GRE, and official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework. International students must submit a TOEFL score that satisfies the Graduate School’s minimum for admission. All applicants must also send a personal statement and have two letters of recommendation sent directly to the department.
Application Deadline: January 15 and October 15
How to apply:
- Go to The University of Mississippi Graduate School website at:
Apply online, complete online application.
- Take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and have scores sent to the Graduate School.
- Have official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework sent to the Graduate School.
- If applying from a country where English is not the primary language take the TOEFL exam and have your scores sent to the Graduate School.
- Send a personal statement to:
- Have 2 letters of recommendation sent to:
Dr. Yunhee Chang
Department of Nutrition and Hospitality Management
P.O. Box 1848
202 Lenoir Hall
University, MS 38677
Applicants must have completed bachelors degrees in dietetics, food service management, hospitality management, or a related field with the following prerequisites (or equivalents):
- NHM 111 — SERVSAFE
- NHM 211/213 — Principles of Food Preparation/Food Preparation Lab
- NHM 311 — Nutrition
- NHM 441/461 — Hospitality Systems Management or Foodservice Systems Management I
Students who are interested in the Nutrition Services emphasis must have had NHM 410 or the equivalent. Students interested in the Hospitality Management emphasis must have had MGMT 351, NHM 466 or MGMT 383, and ACCY 202 or their equivalents. *
- Students who do not meet all requirements may be admitted for a conditional period of up to 12 months, during which time the deficiencies, as well as the course requirements, must be completed with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Remedial courses may not be counted toward degree requirements.