Hospitality Management Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Hospitality Management Program is to prepare a diverse community of students to become successful professionals and lifelong learners who aspire to leadership roles in the global hospitality industry and in their communities.
Hospitality Management Program Learning Outcomes
- Have knowledge of leadership roles in business that is applicable to managing, controlling, and leading a successful operation in the global hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate the technical, social, critical thinking, and communication skills for success in the workplace and to be lifelong learners.
- Gain hands-on and real-world experiences necessary to become successful professionals.
- Acquire a sense of community and social responsibility.
Hospitality Management Student Learning Outcomes
- Be exposed to the knowledge of operations as they apply to goods and services in the global hospitality industry.
- Identify legal, social, and ethical considerations affecting hospitality organizations as they relate to the global community.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking through written and/or interpersonal communication skills.
- Relate knowledge of operations of goods and services in the global hospitality industry.
- Interpret foundations of technical knowledge and leadership skills to hands-on and real-world working environments.