The Online Master of Science (M.S.) in Hospitality Management (HM) program is housed within the Department of Nutrition and Hospitality Management.
The program is delivered in an online format and is designed to meet the needs of individuals constrained by geographic location or employment responsibilities. The main target population is: 1) working hospitality management professionals; and 2) individuals seeking a master of science degree in hospitality management for employment opportunities.
The online Master of Science in Hospitality Management prepares management-level professionals for advancement of knowledge and skills in hospitality management. The program aims to provide graduate students the opportunity to develop more effective operational and analytical skills while preparing individuals for leadership positions and career advancement in operations management, hospitality managerial support staff areas, or new careers in teaching and research.
Students will be able to:
- interpret, evaluate, and incorporate professional literature to make ethical, evidence-based practice decisions.
- demonstrate effective and professional oral and written communication when communicating with individuals, professional groups, management, and the public.
- incorporate professional knowledge with effective management and education techniques to facilitate hospitality related behavioral change.
- apply decision making processes to identify hospitality-related issues, and to determine and evaluate appropriate interventions.
- analyze and apply knowledge of hospitality management to enhance the well-being of individuals, organizations, and groups.
- apply management and business theories and principles to the development, marketing, and delivery of hospitality programs or services.