University of Mississippi’s Nutrition Clinic Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As members of the staff of the University of Mississippi’s Nutrition Clinic, we recognize the partnership we have with our patients. We support the following statement of patient rights and responsibilities:
As a patient of the University of Mississippi’s Nutrition Clinic
You have the right
- to reasonable access to services regardless of race, creed, age, gender, handicap, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- to considerate care which respects individual needs, values, and beliefs.
- to information about diagnosis and treatment.
- to know the identity and professional status of the provider.
- to personal privacy and confidentiality.
- to accept or refuse care and to be informed of the possible consequences of refusal.
- to be informed of research and educational projects affecting care or treatment, and to refuse to participate in such activities.
- to approve or refuse the release of information, except as required by law.
- to present concerns and complaints and to receive a response.
- to information about services, hours, fees and payment, and eligibility.
You have the responsibility
- to provide accurate and complete health information.
- to report whether you clearly understand the plan of treatment and what is expected of you.
- to express any concerns about the plan of care.
- to follow the treatment plan.
- to understand the possible consequences of not following the treatment plan.
- to report changes in condition to the service provider.
- to keep appointments, or if unable, to inform the University of Mississippi’s Nutrition Clinic at least 24 hours in advance.
- to respond to the University of Mississippi’s Nutrition Clinic’s requests for evaluation of services provided.
- to respect the rights, privacy, and property of other patients and staff.
- to follow The University of Mississippi’s Nutrition Clinic rules and procedures.
- to fulfill financial obligations.